We are committed to making as gentle impact on the earth as possible and to restore native plant communities and wildlife habitat on our eleven acres.
This is a National Wildlife Certified habitat and “Travel Green Wisconsin” certified as well.
Here are just a few of the steps we have taken to be a green inn.
- Brew only organic, fair traded coffee and offer a selection of organic, fair trade teas
- Serve fresh vegetables from our garden, harvest local wild fruit and make all our jellies and jams, purchase local food and services
- Use Energy Star appliances and CF or LED lights on replacement
- Recycle all appropriate waste and encourage guests to recycle in convenient containers
- Compost kitchen and yard waste
- Change guest bath linens every 2 days, bed linens every 4 days or on request
- Provide bathroom amenities by dispenser instead of tiny, single use bottles
- Use eco-friendly cleaning products
- Landscape with native plants
- Re-establish and maintain prairie to maximum extent (~4 acres)
- Maximize bird/critter habitat with birdhouses, feeders, maintain and restore natural habitats.
- We offer EV Charging Stations for our overnight guests.
We are committed to improving the natural habitat and are members of the following environmental organizations: